Patrick (Pat) C. Riley
President / COO of Allen Tate Realtors® and Family of Companies
2012 MeckEd Education Champion of the Year
“The perception of the school house at the end of the street has a direct correlation with the values of homes surrounding that school.”
Beginning his career in the real estate business in 1972 and with the Allen Tate Company since 1992, Pat Riley guides all aspects of the 55-year old company as the region’s industry leader. Allen Tate Realtors®, which specializes in residential real estate brokerage, is the top Carolinas’ based real estate firm, and ranks ninth among the country’s largest independently owned, non-franchised brokers, based on transaction sides. Riley is widely recognized as a visionary leader in the real estate industry, currently serving as secretary for the board of directors for Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®, a global network of more than 550 independent real estate firms.
Contributions to Education
- Riley chaired the Chamber’s Education Committee and served on that committee for years when he came to town 20 years ago. Public education and diversity were two of his major platforms.
- Riley has served as chairman of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Public Schools Foundation.
- Riley co-chaired two school bond campaigns with an elected official.
- Riley chaired the MeckEd Foundation for two years and served on the board for seven years. He also chaired the Foundation’s fundraising campaign for two years.
- As chair of the Arts & Science Council, public education was one of Riley’s platforms.
- As current chair of the Arts & Science Council Cultural Vision Plan, education is one of the three outcomes.
- Throughout the years, Riley has worked hard in school board elections and recruiting candidates.
- At Allen Tate, Riley created Tate FUNDay, which has occurred each fall for the past 15 years, has raised $1.17 million that has directly impacted public education in communities across the Carolinas.
- Riley and his team have raised more than a half million dollars over the years supporting MeckEd, Classroom Central, Communities In Schools, Teach for America and Junior Achievement.
- Mint Museum Spirit Award, 2010
- The Old North State Award, Office of the Governor, 2008
- Chairman’s Service Award, Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®, 2008
- Volunteer Fundraising Award, Association of Fundraising Professionals, 2003
- Mary B. Howell Award, 2002
- Realtor of the Year, 1976, 1980 and 2011
Pat Riley is married to Robbin Riley, and they have three children: Brian, Kelly, and Taylor. Riley also has four grandchildren: Alex, Channing, Ben and Xavier. Riley enjoys tennis, spectator sports, and spending time at the beach.